Those roses under my window make no reference to former roses or to better ones; they are for what they are...There is no time to them. There is simply the rose; it is perfect in every moment of its existence. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 1, 2013

#lovemyletters

We are in the middle of sorority recruitment at F&M right now, and I am exhausted. One night down, two to go. It's easy for me to hate being in a sorority during this week. I am not a recruitment girl. I don't like the frills and the decisions and the inherent judgement.

But I Kappa Delta headquarters posted on its Twitter today that February is the month of love, encouraging all sisters to remember why we love Kappa Delta. So here is my list of reasons I #lovemyletters

~ Chanting after the last party on a recruitment night
~ Rachel getting me an iced tea before Informal Recruitment, telling me she was buying me something whether I said I wanted it or not
~ Throwing what we know
~ Sha la la
~ My friends who like to laugh at the absurdities of sorority life with me
~ Being proud of the changes our chapter has made in 3 short years
~ They gave me confidence
~ They completely changed my experience at F&M. I can trace most of my best decisions back to the day I accepted my bid.
~ Being on council is an experience I will never forget
~ I wouldn't have been friends with a lot of these girls if it weren't for Kappa Delta
~ I'm closer with the friends I had already because we have KD in common
~ BID DAY!!!

So countdown to one of my favorite days of the year is at 2. Two days until Bid Day, until my last recruitment ever is over, and until the day I can welcome the last new group of sisters that I will ever really know. Weird, but awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment