Those roses under my window make no reference to former roses or to better ones; they are for what they are...There is no time to them. There is simply the rose; it is perfect in every moment of its existence. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, February 3, 2013

41 New Sisters

My last recruitment is officially over. I missed a post yesterday because of the craziness that is recruitment, but I feel OK about it.

There's a lot of drama building already about the recruitment process, but the bottom line is that we did get 41 girls, many of whom are already awesome, and all who have lots of potential. I'm excited to get to know them.

This Bid Day was not has pure happiness as last year. There were a few girls who I REALLY wanted that went elsewhere. But they did what they thought was best for them, and I have to respect that.

The last 4 days have been exhausting, but they did make me remember why I love Kappa Delta. If I didn't, I wouldn't care so much about the girls we got and the ones we didn't. I got to read a testimonial that I felt was honest, and people loved it. I wallpapered Booth Ferris like nobody's business.

So overall, a success. Bittersweet for many reasons. It is my last one. I know next year I will be looking at Facebook pictures, probably with some envy.

Back to real life tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment