Those roses under my window make no reference to former roses or to better ones; they are for what they are...There is no time to them. There is simply the rose; it is perfect in every moment of its existence. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Late February Challenge?

I think I need to give up chocolate for a significant period of time.

I feel like I eat relatively healthy otherwise, but I literally can't control myself when it comes to chocolate. I ate so many M&M's at the Writing Center last night, and I still feel crappy because of it.

So I'm considering trying to go chocolate free for the rest of February. Every time I want chocolate, I can write in my journal or on this blog. Or drink tea. Or chew gum (which is an addiction I can deal with later). But honestly, I feel like that change would make a HUGE difference for me. I'm good at self-control for everything else.

Maybe I could give up all chocolate unless it's more than 70% dark chocolate. That's hard to binge on because it's so bitter (but still good). That might be more doable.

I'll have to read this again this afternoon and decide if it's worth it. I mean, I know it would be worth it, but do I actually have the motivation to do it? That's the big question.

No comments:

Post a Comment