Those roses under my window make no reference to former roses or to better ones; they are for what they are...There is no time to them. There is simply the rose; it is perfect in every moment of its existence. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, July 31, 2011

AWESOME Books

I read two amazing books last weekend. They follow the same characters, but from different points of view. The first is If I Stay and the second is Where She Went, both by Gayle Forman.

They're young adult novels, but I still have such a soft spot for those. And these were phenomenal. I read them both in a 24 hour period, finishing both on the train. This ended up being slightly embarrassing because I cried at the end of both.

The first was from the point of view of Mia. She basically is removed from her body while she's in a coma after a car accident. I just loved her and all the characters she interacted with/thought about. It was short, and such a quick read, but it really made me think.

The second was told from Adam's point of view. Adam is Mia's boyfriend. I can't really say anything about this one without giving away the plot of the first, but also so amazing. And I was really impressed that I connected so much with a male narrator in a young adult novel. I don't know if I've ever really read something like that before. Seriously amazing, though. Best YA books I've read this year, hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment